Monday 23 February 2015

Week 2 - Songwriting Challenge - Take A Chance On Me

Well this is a first for me! Here is my song for this weeks songwriting challenge. I went a bit more on the Motown side than I originally expected - I was trying to go for a Meghan Trainor sound. I tried to engineer the track myself on my home computer using Pro Tools but please keep in mind that recording my own material is something very new for me.

The vocalist on the track is the ever so talented Rebecca Noelle. I have had the pleasure of working with her on many different projects and she definitely made any melody or lyric idea I had sound much much better.

I tried to get a trumpet player in but unfortunately it didn't work out so I put in the entire horn arrangement using my saxophones. The top line should be an octave higher and should be played on trumpet. I know there are lots of editing problems that I didn't have time to fix but I am pretty happy with the final product.

Thanks so much for listening
Brian Asselin
www.brianasselinmusic.com


Take On Me - https://soundcloud.com/brian-asselin-music/sac-challenge-take-a-chance-on







No comments:

Post a Comment